Welcome to the LA Tofu Festival web site, August 12th - 13th, 2006, in Downtown LA!
Tofu Eating Contest
Saturday, August 18th at 4:00 pm at the JACCC
- Contestants will be required to eat a 14 ounce block of House Foods Medium Firm Tofu.
- Festival Judges will be judging the Tofu Eating contest. Contestants agree to abide by the Festival Judges’ decision. Festival Judges’ decisions are final.
- Contestants will not be able to use their hands during the contest to eat the tofu.
- There will be 10 contestants competing in each round with a total of 5 preliminary rounds. The first 2 contestants to eat the entire block of tofu will advance to the Final Round.
- The first contestant to eat the entire block of tofu in the Final Round will win the Grand Prize.
- The second and third place winners of the Final Round will receive also receive prizes.
- In order for a contestant to completely finish the block of tofu, he/she must have swallowed the last mouth full of tofu as decided by the Festival Judges.
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old.
- Contest Rules are subject to change without notice.
- Contestants must complete the Registration Form and turn it into the LTSC Info Booth.
- The first given number of applicants will be given the opportunity to participate in the contest on a first-come, first-serve basis. All others will be placed on a waiting list should someone drop out before the contest begins. Those on the waiting list will be chosen in the order by which their registration form was turned in.
- Registration Forms will be accepted between Saturday, August 18th at 12 noon and 2:30. No registration forms will be accepted prior to the opening of the festival on Saturday, August 18th.
- Registration Forms will be available at the LTSC Info Booth
- Contestants must report to the JACCC by 2:30 pm. Contestants who are not present by this time forfeit their opportunity to participate in the contest.